Tuesday 3 February 2009

What is nature?


In the past we asked our children in the kindergarten a relatively simple question: What is nature (to you)? We hadn't disscused anything about the nature before that question was answered. Their answers were very interesting, here are just the most common ones and the most interesting ones:
Children age 3-4:
  • Animals.
  • Forest, leaves...
  • Cows.
  • Sea.
  • I don't know.
  • Pond.

Children age 4-5:

  • Sunshine, I like sunshine.
  • Flowers that smell good.
  • A kite in the sky.
  • White clouds.
  • When everything is nice and clean, when people take their trash out.
  • I like the sky.

Children 5-6:

  • Nature are animals, spiders, trees, ants, flowers.
  • I don't like when the nature is filthy.
  • Nature is everything that we can produce on the farm.
  • We can feel the nature.
  • Nature is air.
  • Nature is everything around us.
  • Nature is science.
  • Our heart is also nature.
  • Nature is when we are alive.
  • Mountains and land.




2 comments:

Doctor Spider said...

All the faces came clearly to my mind as I read the names!

Big hug to all children and their teachers.

Miss you!

Doctor Spider said...

OOOps!

The previous comment is related to the Swedish children, of course...
I had not seen the sender... Sorry!

Now I send a big hug to the Slovenian kids and their dear teachers, especially Petra!